TOWN OF SYLVESTER, Wis. - A Monroe man drove into a tree after falling asleep behind the wheel, deputies say.
Deputies in Green County responded to a crash in the west 2800 block of State Highway 59 in the Town of Sylvester around 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
Deputies say Jordan M. Petrie, 26, of Monroe, was driving westbound on State Highway 59 when he feel asleep, causing the vehicle to enter the north shoulder of the road. Petrie overcorrected and lost control, causing his vehicle to enter a ditch and hit a tree, according to a release from the Green County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say Petrie was wearing his seat belt and reported injuries. He was taken to a hospital for further evaluation.
Petrie was also cited on suspicion of inattentive driving.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Parents rally to ‘call the shots' with vaccines as doctor warns measles will likely hit Wisconsin
- Study says Beloit is the worst place to live in Wisconsin, leaders there say that's not true
- Sen. Ron Johnson says Joe Biden poses the greatest threat to President Donald Trump in Wisconsin
- 61-year-old man in hospital after hit-and-run
- Sen. Johnson doesn't support 6-week abortion ban
- Vienna Beef Ltd. recalls beef products in Wisconsin