CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A town of Dane man has died from serious injuries after his motorcycle collided with a turkey outside the town of Cross Plains earlier this month, according to Dane County deputies.
The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said Michael Rauls, 60, of Dane died Friday from his injuries.
A press release said the crash happened Sunday, May 6 around 12:30 p.m. along Highway 14 at Rocky Dell Road. Deputies said a turkey hit the motorcycle, throwing Rauls off his bike.
Rauls was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to the press release. Highway 14 between Stagecoach and Cleveland Roads was closed for more than an hour as crews investigated the crash.
- Busier Memorial Day weekend traffic this year
- 'He's just our own little superhero': 10-year-old boy's organs to be donated after car crash
- Advocates challenge diversion of water for Foxconn plant
- No charges against Appleton officers in fatal shooting
- Burglars steal 3 luxury cars, electronics overnight, police say
- Beloit police release arrest warrant for suspect in Saturday's armed robbery