MADISON, Wis. - A Wisconsin Rapids man faces at least 15 years in federal prison after a jury found him guilty of 16 counts of producing, attempting to produce and possessing child pornography.
Police said Alexander Kawleski, 42, recorded himself sexually assaulting a girl who was between 15 and 16 years old in 2013. He kept a copy of the assault on a flash drive, which a friend found and gave to a Wisconsin Rapids Police Department detective, according to a news release form the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
The same flash drive contained recordings of two minor females, one between 13 and 14 years old and the other between 15 and 16 years old, while they were in the bathroom, getting undressed and getting in and out of the shower. The Wisconsin Department of Justice said neither victim was aware they were being filed.
Kawleski faces a mandatory minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in federal prison on each of the first 15 counts of production and attempted production of child pornography and a maximum of 10 years on the last count of possessing child pornography.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Police: Multi-vehicle crash leads to traffic delays on East Washington Avenue in Madison
Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Woman found alive after crashing car in Washington County, Silver Alert canceled
- Plane crashes near Fort Atkinson airport
- Woman cited following hit-and-run crash involving cyclist, police say
- Water service in Darlington cut off due to several main breaks
- Police investigating after suspicious package found outside Wisconsin synagogue