MADISON, Wis. - A Wisconsin Rapids man faces at least 15 years in federal prison after a jury found him guilty of 16 counts of producing, attempting to produce and possessing child pornography.
Police said Alexander Kawleski, 42, recorded himself sexually assaulting a girl who was between 15 and 16 years old in 2013. He kept a copy of the assault on a flash drive, which a friend found and gave to a Wisconsin Rapids Police Department detective, according to a news release form the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
The same flash drive contained recordings of two minor females, one between 13 and 14 years old and the other between 15 and 16 years old, while they were in the bathroom, getting undressed and getting in and out of the shower. The Wisconsin Department of Justice said neither victim was aware they were being filed.
Kawleski faces a mandatory minimum of 15 years and a maximum of 30 years in federal prison on each of the first 15 counts of production and attempted production of child pornography and a maximum of 10 years on the last count of possessing child pornography.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Arrest made in Racine homicide
Teen cited after falling asleep at wheel, crashing vehicle into corn field, deputies say
- Teen cited after falling asleep at wheel, crashing vehicle into corn field, deputies say
- Vehicle hits shed, comes to rest against tree after crash in Lafayette County, deputies say
- Photos with Santa Claus create 'sensory-friendly' environment for kids with autism
- Madison VFW continues its largest Toys for Tots fundraiser
- Missing toddler found dead in northwestern Wisconsin
- Deep freeze headed for Wisconsin, Minnesota, Dakotas