LAVALLE, Wis. - An Illinois man died Wednesday after falling down some damaged wooden steps at Lake Redstone, according to a release from the Sauk County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies received a call around 10:35 a.m. reporting someone had fallen down a flight of stairs at E4589 Kingfisher Circle, officials said.
James Sikich, 70, was walking down wooden stairs that led down to Lake Redstone, according to the release. The stairs had been heavily damaged during the recent heavy rain and storms.
Sikich fell near a broken section of the stairs caused by an uprooted tree, officials said. He fell about 20 feet down the steep hill and died.
Officials believe the incident happened late in the morning Tuesday.
Investigators said no foul play is suspected.
- Madison elementary and middle schools will change start times next year
- 'It's a big deal': UW-Madison students, staff react to Foxconn recruiting on campus
- DOJ completes review of sexual assault kit tests
- Handcuffed man who escaped from jail interview room back in custody, sheriff says
- Trump approves federal disaster declaration in Wisconsin after flooding, severe weather
- Hy-Vee recalls six meat and potato products over potential Salmonella, Listeria contamination