TOWN OF HAZEL GREEN, Wis. - A driver was cited after he fell asleep behind the wheel, and crashed into a utility pole, a parked car and several trees Tuesday, according to a news release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Officials responded to reports of a one-vehicle crash around 8:20 a. Tuesday on State Highway 80 near Recreation Drive in the town of Hazel Green.
A 2014 Nissan Altima driven by Larry McSwain, 39, of Savanna Illinois, was traveling north on the highway when he fell asleep and the car left the roadway and crashed.
McSwain and his passenger, 31, of Clinton, Iowa, were both transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. McSwain was cited for inattentive driving.
- What you need to know about mental health in Southern Wisconsin
- Middleton students host "die-in" at state capitol to protest gun laws
- Concertgoers await The Sylvee's first show
- Sexual assault reported at The James apartment building in downtown Madison
- Sun Prairie firefighters climb Lambeau Field stairs to honor 9/11 victims
- Woman arrested after trying to stab someone with screwdriver, police say