A 52-year-old man is facing his eighth drunken driving charge after a traffic stop on a rural Iowa County road, officials said.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Office said a deputy stopped a vehicle Sunday at 5:47 p.m. on County Road YZ near County Road Z.
Keven Hughes of Arena was arrested on suspicion of eighth-offense operating while intoxicated and a probation violation, according to the report.
Hughes was taken to the Iowa County Jail, the sheriff's office said. Hughes remains in custody on a hold through the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.
- Disney makes Madison-based tech company's dreams come true with new gaming partnership
- Fitchburg welcomes new chief of police
- Beloit man pleads guilty to lesser charges for killing of Illinois man
- One last luau: A family brings hope to people with epilepsy
- Rock County Sheriff's Office will hold book drive
- Milwaukee police officer injured in shooting, suspect in custody