SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A man doing yard work was injured after a gas explosion Friday, a Sun Prairie fire official said.
Sun Prairie firefighters responded at 12:25 p.m. to the 5300 block of Kelley Road after a report of a gas explosion and an injured person, a Dane County dispatcher said.
Sun Prairie Fire Marshall Mark Mlekush said the man was doing yard work when the explosion happened. There was no active fire when crews arrived.
A log with charred bark and a charred stump in the yard were visible from the road.
The man suffered burns to his upper body and he was taken to UW Hospital, fire officials said.
The fire department is investigating the incident, and there's no danger to anybody at the scene, Mlekush said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Neighbors support keeping Jenifer Street Market in current location
- Dodge County man wins $2.8 million in SuperCash! drawing
- Clouds made a difference in today's temperatures
- Trial to resolve Feb. Beloit homicide likely will reach deliberation tomorrow
- UW-Madison professor known for toxic lab that led to student's suicide returning to campus next year
- Capital City Trail reopens after multiyear restorations, bridge replacement