ROME, Wis. - Police have identified the man who died in a utility task vehicle crash in Rome on Sunday afternoon.
Rome police said Robert J. Garry Jr., 41, of Germantown, died in a crash when the UTV left the road and struck a mailbox before overturning and coming to rest upside down.
The crash happened in the 100 block of 14th Avenue, according to the incident report.
A 12-year-old boy passenger told officers the driver had been incoherent before the crash and that he had been closing his eyes and drifting on and off the road. Officials said the boy was transported by Nekoosa Ambulance to Riverview Hospital.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- E. coli found in Cassville water supply, boil order issued
- One haircut at a time: Former Badgers receiver partners with UW Health, barbershop to save lives
- A cause for celebration for some, concern for others: Community reacts to Cephus' return as Badger
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Dane County faces groundwater flooding one year after historic rainfall
- Willy Street Co-Op community initiative allows anyone to paint new art mural