ROME, Wis. - Police have identified the man who died in a utility task vehicle crash in Rome on Sunday afternoon.
Rome police said Robert J. Garry Jr., 41, of Germantown, died in a crash when the UTV left the road and struck a mailbox before overturning and coming to rest upside down.
The crash happened in the 100 block of 14th Avenue, according to the incident report.
A 12-year-old boy passenger told officers the driver had been incoherent before the crash and that he had been closing his eyes and drifting on and off the road. Officials said the boy was transported by Nekoosa Ambulance to Riverview Hospital.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin county's threat to journalists came from top
- Protecting ourselves from worst of winter with 'hygge'
- Precious metals, coin broker sentenced to 54 months in prison for defrauding elderly clients
- 'It's a recipe for disaster': Security expert says in-home cameras can be a risk
- East High School students find cameras in their hotel rooms during school-sponsored conference
- Chances for freezing drizzle, flurries, light snow through Saturday, then colder