PITTSFIELD, Wis. - A Pittsfield man is dead after a house fire in northeastern Wisconsin.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office, the home was engulfed in flames when authorities arrived at 8 a.m. Friday.
Pulaski Tri-County Fire Department Fire Chief James Styczynski says the victim lived alone. His name was not immediately released.
Styczynski says the fire apparently started in a kitchen area on the first floor and then spread to the second floor.
More than 40 firefighters from several departments worked to extinguish the fire. The home was destroyed.
The Green Bay Press Gazette reports the state fire marshal's office will lead the investigation.
Would-be Uber rider attacks driver, chokes him unconscious, causing crash, police say
Man accused of using Porsche as battering ram
- Man accused of using Porsche as battering ram
- West Allis police ask for help finding missing mother, daughter
- Teenager steals unlocked vehicle from driveway, police say
- Police: DNA from shooting scene leads to Madison man's attempted-homicide arrest
- Madison woman saved with Narcan while being booked into Dane County Jail
- UW-Madison researchers designing smart toilet to collect health data