MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested after stealing from the Madison Mallards team store Friday night.
According to a post from Madison police Chief Mike Koval's blog, officers were dispatched to the Mallards team store on North Sherman Avenue at 11 p.m. after reports of a burglar being in the store.
Authorities set up a perimeter outside the store, and a K-9 team went into the stadium just as the 30-year-old male suspect was leaving. Officials said the man tried to escape but could not outrun the K-9.
The man was taken to jail on charges of burglary, criminal damage to property, resisting and possession of tools used for burglary.
An investigation is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Green Bay school staff member accused of sexually assaulting student
- Car crashes into Beaver Dam Middle School
- Local school supports students' mental health with new 'mindfulness room'
- Alcohol License Review Committee sends Visions' liquor license decision to subcommittee
- Gov. Evers signs executive order creating task force on reducing prescription drug prices
- Animal-free Venardos Circus running at West Towne Mall until Sept. 2