TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - Police have arrested a man in connection with the death of a person whose body was found behind Townview Elementary School Saturday morning.
The Town of Beloit Police Department, with help from the Janesville and village of Chilton police departments, located and arrested Corey Sandoval, 26, of New Mexico, according to a press release.
The release said Sandoval was arrested early Sunday morning on a duty to aid victim charge after officials conferred with Rock County District Attorney David O’Leary. Sandoval has some ties to the local community, according to officials.
Sandoval was booked into the Rock County Jail Sunday.
Police said an autopsy of the deceased was completed Sunday morning and the victim’s name will be released later Sunday.
The investigation shows that the death appears to be related to a drug overdose, but officials cannot confirm this until the Rock County Medical Examiner’s Office receives the toxicology report, according to the release.
Police said further information will be made available when the police chief approves its release.
- Wisconsin woman gets 9 months in jail for harming her baby
- Employee accused of threatening Menards distribution center in western Wisconsin
- Evidence at scene connects Middleton man to armed robbery at salon, police say
- Contractor strikes gas line causing 300 to lose service in Verona
- Mazo homeowners up for FEMA buyout still waiting, repairing after floods
- Police: K-9 finds guns hidden in Nakoosa Trail woods by teens who found them stealing car