FITCHBURG, Wis. - A man was arrested for allegedly robbing a McDonald's in Fitchburg early Sunday morning.
According to a news release from the Fitchburg Police Department, officials were sent to the McDonald's on 2845 Fish Hatchery Road at around 2:40 a.m. for a 911 call that was disconnected.
The release said police learned when they arrived that a man was robbing the fast food restaurant at gunpoint. Officers took the robber into custody after he stepped outside.
Police identified the man as Wendell L. Davis, 49, of Madison. Davis was taken to jail on tentative charges of armed robbery and intimidation of a victim.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Middleton Police Chief receives Hometown Hero Award
Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Local girl pays it forward with heartfelt donation
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017