MADISON, Wis. - The Sun Prairie man accused of defrauding Smart Motors of $122,925 died Friday, according to court documents.
Smart Motors is in the process of evaluating the impact of Allen Foster's death will have on the remainder of the case.
Foster is accused of 12 counts of wire fraud and eight counts of money laundering. Investigators believe he opened a checking account for a fictitious business account with a name similar to a genuine vendor, and submitted check request forms that caused Smart Motors to issue checks payable to the fictitious company.
Foster is believed to have used the money to finance personal expenses.
- Call for Action: Woman whose mother was murdered loses money to dating agency
- 'You're not going to see six months here:' DOT updates Sun Prairie residents on rebuilding downtown
- Madison man competes in Hemingway look-alike competition
- ‘This is a community that doesn't just sit back': Suicides prompt Mt. Horeb public meeting
- MMSD committee looks to change police officer presence in schools
- Man who beat, strangled woman arrested in corn field, police say