MADISON, Wis. - The Sun Prairie man accused of defrauding Smart Motors of $122,925 died Friday, according to court documents.
Smart Motors is in the process of evaluating the impact of Allen Foster's death will have on the remainder of the case.
Foster is accused of 12 counts of wire fraud and eight counts of money laundering. Investigators believe he opened a checking account for a fictitious business account with a name similar to a genuine vendor, and submitted check request forms that caused Smart Motors to issue checks payable to the fictitious company.
Foster is believed to have used the money to finance personal expenses.
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery
- Milwaukee police investigate death of baby boy
- Police arrest man with brass knuckles, making threats