MADISON, Wis. - When a Madison resident arrived home around 6:50 p.m. Friday, there was a fire in the garage, according to officials with the Madison Fire Department.
The garage fire was starting to extend toward the house when firefighters arrived at 1401 Nevada Road. Officials were able to put out the fire quickly before it reached the home. The fire was put out in three minutes.
Officials do not have an estimate on the total damages yet, but said there was severe damage to the interior of the garage. The structure is still standing.
There were no vehicles in the garage at the time of the fire. Officials are investigating the cause.
- Power pole caught fire Thursday, MFD crew responded
- School bus crash witness: 'I almost wanted to cry'
- Severe thunderstorm warning for southern Crawford, northern Grant Co. until 8:45 p.m.
- Busier Memorial Day weekend traffic this year
- 'He's just our own little superhero': 10-year-old boy's organs to be donated after car crash
- Advocates challenge diversion of water for Foxconn plant