MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are searching for the man who robbed a Speedway gas station early Sunday morning.
According to the incident report, officials were sent to the Speedway on 4902 Verona Road at 5:07 a.m. after a report of a robbery.
Authorities said the man was armed with a handgun and had robbed the clerk at gunpoint. The robber stole an undetermined amount of cash before leaving the store.
Officials said the male victim went to lock the door after the man left. Once he was outside, the robber fired a round from his gun.
Police said they did not find any property damage from the shot, and there is no evidence suggesting that the robber shot at the clerk.
The report said the gas station clerk did not suffer any injuries from the incident. Authorities completed a K-9 track, but the man has still not been found.
The suspect has been described as a black man who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a dark hoodie and blue jeans with a handkerchief to cover his face.
An investigation is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- ‘This is a top priority': Mayor releases details on Metro bus rapid transit system
- More heavy rain possible to send summer off
- Waunakee, Westport to impose stricter rules on Airbnb, short-term rental home owners
- All lanes closed on Highway 14 near Delavan after crash
- Victim identified in rural Dodge County hunting-related incident
- UW picked as 1 of 3 regional dairy innovation centers across the country