MADISON, Wis. - With the extreme cold and wind Tuesday, Madison Police Department announced it is canceling all misdemeanor and felony criminal activities for the day.
According to a Facebook post, it is too cold to commit crimes. They are asking criminals to stay inside, read, watch Netflix or try to catch other criminals on Madison Area Crime Stoppers, instead of committing crimes.
"For the love of polar bears, do not go outside and commit crimes," the post said.
Beloit Police are also asking criminals to do activities that keep them inside today like putting on footy pajamas and binging Netflix.
"If an argument starts about the show, and people start getting agressive, maybe switch it up and bundle up and make a quick snow angel to cool down. Then get some hot chocolate or warm beverage of choice, and relax," a Facebook post said. "It is super cold, and it would just be better to be good."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Missing Middleton man found safe
- Man arrested for robbing Fitchburg McDonald's
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue