MADISON, Wis. - With the extreme cold and wind Tuesday, Madison Police Department announced it is canceling all misdemeanor and felony criminal activities for the day.
According to a Facebook post, it is too cold to commit crimes. They are asking criminals to stay inside, read, watch Netflix or try to catch other criminals on Madison Area Crime Stoppers, instead of committing crimes.
"For the love of polar bears, do not go outside and commit crimes," the post said.
Beloit Police are also asking criminals to do activities that keep them inside today like putting on footy pajamas and binging Netflix.
"If an argument starts about the show, and people start getting agressive, maybe switch it up and bundle up and make a quick snow angel to cool down. Then get some hot chocolate or warm beverage of choice, and relax," a Facebook post said. "It is super cold, and it would just be better to be good."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
MFD: Electric bike, charging for the night, catches on fire
Madison police look for suspicious red van that woman says chased her while on her daily run
- Madison police look for suspicious red van that woman says chased her while on her daily run
- Madison police: Madison woman hands man money after he points gun at her
- 10 ways to keep your house, yourself cool without AC in extreme heat
- Park Street cellphone store robbed at knifepoint
- Kohl's kicks off hiring for back-to-school, holiday seasons
- Chief: Beloit police in standoff with wanted man with violent past