MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old man was shot near Seminole Highway and the Beltline Friday night, officials said.
According to the incident report, police responded to the area of Seminole Highway and Warwick Way at 7:24 p.m. after a report of shots fired.
An officer who was at the scene said a parked car at Rocky's Liquors was hit by gunfire from across the Beltline.
Officers found the man with a gunshot wound when they arrived and requested aid immediately. The victim was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Authorities said they do not believe that there is an ongoing threat to the area, and an investigation is ongoing.
This was not the first case of a Beltline shooting, as there was a previous incident near Rimrock Road last week.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Beloit seeks bike theft suspect, urges residents to lock up property after vehicle break-ins
- Middleton residents asked to take survey as city recruits next police chief
- Semi crash hampers morning traffic on John Nolen Drive in downtown Madison
- Scammers promote fake dinner for phony nonprofit at Madison events center
- Wisconsin boy says man strapped him to chair in basement
- Wisconsin 2nd-grader found vaping in classroom, taken to hospital