MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman handed a man money after he pointed a handgun at her early Tuesday morning, according to Madison police.
A Madison police report says the 28-year-old woman was walking on Mike McKinney Court when a newer white SUV with tinted windows pulled up near her.
Officials say the driver asked her if she wanted to purchase marijuana, and she told him it was a possibility.
When she walked over to look inside the SUV, the driver pointed a handgun at her and demanded cash, according to the police report.
Police say the woman turned over money she had earmarked to pay rent and never saw any marijuana for sale.
The report says the incident happened at 12:03 a.m. Tuesday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Evers seeks federal disaster declaration for 18 counties
- E. coli found in Cassville water supply, boil order issued
- One haircut at a time: Former Badgers receiver partners with UW Health, barbershop to save lives
- A cause for celebration for some, concern for others: Community reacts to Cephus' return as Badger
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Dane County faces groundwater flooding one year after historic rainfall