MADISON, Wis. - A 39-year-old man was arrested after a fight occurred at a downtown bar Friday night, according to Madison Police Chief Mike Koval’s blog.
Madison police responded to Genna’s bar on West Main Street at 8:25 p.m., the report said.
Police said the man got agitated after being told he could not consume beverages on the sidewalk outside of the bar.
Attempts to calm the man down resulted in one of the patrons being punched in the mouth, police said.
According to the blog, the suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and battery. Police transported the suspect to the Dane County Jail.
- Pick-your-own strawberry farms manage impacts of heavy rainfall
- Students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School heading to Wisconsin
- Woman makes history in Wisconsin Army National Guard
- Neighbors work to save homes from increasing levels on Lake Kegonsa
- Beloit Police bike team needs to 'work on our basketball'
- High E. coli levels close Green Lake beach