MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man and woman have been arrested on suspicion of pickpocketing a woman they were talking to at a bar in the city.
David M. Ndong, 27, and Ariez Westbrooks, 18, were arrested for theft and bail jumping.
Police said they stole items from a 21-year-old Madison woman while at the Double U bar on University Avenue early Wednesday morning.
Madison police said one suspect started talking to the 21-year-old woman, while the other suspect stole her cellphone, debit card and other items from her back pocket, according to a release from the Madison Police Department.
Witnesses alerted bar staff and bouncers were able to get a good look at the suspects and their direction of travel.
Officers caught up with Ndong and Westbrooks nearby. Both had property belonging to the victim, police said. The victim was able to get her stolen items back.
Officers learned the suspects had been asked to leave another tavern Tuesday night because patrons sensed similar suspicious activity, according to the release.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Suspect shoots man in ear outside Walmart parking lot, arrested at Wisconsin hospital
- ‘We look forward to becoming good neighbors': Workforce housing complex approved in Middleton
- Father of Sandy Hook victim who sued conspiracy theorist awarded $450,000
- Elderly veteran still missing after August disappearance
- Rock County girl dedicates her 10th birthday to raising money for sheriff's K-9 unit
- Wisconsin police officer won't be charged in fatal shooting