MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was sentenced to seven years in federal prison for an armed robbery Thursday.
U.S. District Judge William M. Conley sentenced Lamontay D. Rivera, 21, for robbing a Madison restaurant while armed with a handgun.
Rivera pleaded guilty to the charge March 12.
Rivera's co-defendant, Johnell Britt, was also sentenced to seven years in federal prison for possessing a handgun during the robbery.
Britt was sentenced June 4.
Rivera and Britt robbed a Subway restaurant on Cottage Grove Road in Madison on Aug. 20, 2018.
They were identified as the armed robbers from surveillance cameras, physical evidence and DNA evidence.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- ‘It is so critical': With crossing guards in short supply, Baraboo looks to recruit
- Want to help Madison East High School renovate their fieldhouse? Voting for a grant ends tomorrow
- Suspect in fiery crash at Beaver Dam school faces felony charge
- Officers won't be charged in high-speed I-39 crash that killed suspected kidnapper, his brother
- MPD: Motel guest opens door to find stranger with gun; other guests have purse, wallet stolen
- Drunken driver crashes into Beaver Dam school causing estimated $100K in damage, officials say