MADISON, Wis. - Police arrested an armed 50-year-old Madison man on tentative drug and weapons charges Thursday afternoon.
Tyrone L. Jackson was arrested on suspicion of possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, possession of a firearm by a felon, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of THC.
Community members had expressed concerns about drug activity taking place in the 1100 block of Jenifer Street.
Jackson drove into the area, stopped for a couple minutes and left, police said. Officers detected a smell of marijuana coming from the car and pulled it over, police said.
Officers recovered a loaded handgun, cocaine and marijuana, police said.
- Police: Wife shot in DeForest, husband in custody Friday night
- MSO concert reflects the gravity of the day
- Volunteers pack 120K meals to feed starving children
- Madison police rarely issue tickets for loud dogs
- Driver arrested after eluding officers, driving 100 mph, officials say
- Madison-made technology to treat diabetic foot ulcers