COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on his fourth operating while intoxicated charge after veering off the road and crashing into a ditch Sunday, according to the Dane County Sheriff’s Office.
Dane County deputies responded to a single-vehicle crash with no injuries Sunday at 5:43 p.m. near the 2700 block of Hope Road on the south side of Cottage Grove, the release said.
According to officials, 53-year-old James Schulte was the driver and only person in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
He was traveling westbound on Hope Road, near Oakwood Drive, when his vehicle exited the roadway and went into a ditch, deputies said.
Schulte was arrested on his fourth OWI charge and was booked into the Dane County Jail. He was also cited for several traffic violations, including failure to maintain control of a vehicle and operating with a suspended license, the release said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Boxes holding LGBT publication repeatedly vandalized; anti-gay slurs written on magazines
- How heat index values above 100 degrees impact you
- Man charged in road rage killing of girl, 3, in Milwaukee
- Local businesses doing welfare checks on elderly during heat wave
- West Baraboo woman receives 6th OWI
- John Doe found in Wisconsin grave in 1988 now identified