MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of stealing a car from a woman's garage.
Madison police said 17-year-old Isiah M. Ali stole a 2019 Subaru from a woman's garage on the 2000 block of Hawks Ridge Dr. on July 25.
Officials said the woman did not hear or see anything and did not know exactly when the vehicle had been stolen. According to a criminal complaint, the woman stated she had been watching a movie and taken her dogs for a walk when she discovered her car was gone.
A week later, on Aug. 2, an East Towne Mall security officer said three men had been involved in a theft at the mall before fleeing in a gray Subaru with the same last four digits on the plate as the woman's car that was stolen.
Through previous contact, police said they identified one of the suspects as Ali.
Madison police also charged Ali with five counts of felony bail jumping and one count of misdemeanor bail jumping, as well as operating a vehicle without the owner's consent. A count of felony bail jumping can be a fine of up to $10,000 or six years in prison, according to the complaint.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- New plans in the works to make Pheasant Branch Conservancy flood-proof
- Regulators OK southwestern Wisconsin power line
- Man implicated in missing brothers case charged with endangering food supply in Kansas
- Stoughton police stop stolen car, arrest teen
- 8-year-old girl calls 911 after uncle becomes unresponsive behind the wheel
- Madison police searching for woman accused of stabbing boyfriend during fight