MADISON, Wis. - A grand jury indicted Daniel Raudonis, 32 and Lindsey Raudonis, 36 on 16 charges including stealing federal funds and aggravated identity theft.
According to a U.S. Department of Justice release, the indictment alleges Daniel Raudonis stole U.S. Department of Agriculture food benefit funds five times between September and November 2014 while Lindsey Raudonis received the stolen funds.
The indictment claims Daniel Raudonis used someone else's Social Security number and date of birth to activate the food share benefit card.
If convicted, the married couple faces a maximum of 10 years in prison for each count of USDA fund theft and a maximum of 2 years for each count of identity theft.
- Incense stick stuck in roll of toilet paper causes bathroom fire, officials say
- Police seeking Middleton credit union robbers
- 13-year-old battery, car theft suspect: 'This is only the beginning. We're just getting started'
- Dane County Airport announces new nonstop destination
- 4 girls report suspicious vehicle near Janesville elementary school
- 2 killed in car that collided with Bethel team bus