MADISON, Wis. - Madison District 2 Alder Ledell Zellers announced Tuesday she will not run for reelection as alder in 2019.
In an update, Zellers said, "An important part of doing a good job as alder is to work with the people one represents. You have made that part of the job a pleasure."
Zellers said it made her decision easier because she knows there are thoughtful residents who are doing great work in the area and who would give serious consideration to running for alder.
She said the wanted to make her intentions known so people have time to consider running in time for the April 2019 election.
"I look forward to continuing to represent you until my term ends in April, and afterwards I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood," Zellers said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Scholarship in honor of Verona man killed in crash helps basketball team go to national tournament
- Dane County to part ways with zoo nonprofit, seek new fundraising partner for Henry Vilas Zoo
- Families of drunken driving victims call for tougher laws in Wisconsin: 'My son should be here'
- Municipal clerk suggests lynching as a punishment
- Consumer Reports: Why Melatonin may not be as safe as you think
- Clay Matthews is going home to play for Los Angeles Rams