MADISON, Wis. - Lynyrd Skynyrd is coming to Madison.
The legendary Rock & Roll Hall of Famers' tour, "Last of the Street Survivors Farewell Tour," is set to include an appearance at the Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center on April 24.
According to a news release, Travis Tritt will open the show.
"We've said we want to play every venue and market we've ever visited around the world one last time and even some places we haven't, so we get to see all of Skynyrd Nation," said the band's lead singer Johnny Van Zant. "We are getting close!"
So far, the band's farewell tour has visited over 100 stops over the past two years. Fans can expect the show to feature a vast array of music from the band's more than 40-year career.
Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. on LiveNation.com.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police respond to shots fired on Britta Parkway
- Madison home struck with BBs multiple times; victim believes family member targeted
- Madison police looking for people who crashed stolen SUV
- Rock 'n' roll concert raises about $80,000 for epilepsy research, respite care
- UW regents approve 2% pay raises for chancellors
- 3 Madison residents charged with related gun crimes