MILWAUKEE - The traveling troupe of young musicians was announced Monday for the 50th season of Kids from Wisconsin, including some of Dane County’s own.
Kai Linsenmeyer of Mononsa, Tyler Jung and Cade Miele of Cottage Grove and Brett Fredrickson of Mount Horeb will be among the 36 young Wisconsinites performing with the KIDS this summer.
The KIDS will travel from June 21 through August 18, visiting over 35 Wisconsin hometowns and performing twice daily at the Wisconsin State Fair.
This year’s show, “Shine the Light,” will feature music performed since the start of Kids from Wisconsin 50 years ago.
“KIDS will shine the light on our past 50 years while lighting the way for the next 50,” executive director Tina Weiss said in a press release.
The group was established in 1968, with its first performance being in 1969. Since then, it has traveled the state and nation with Wisconsin’s top performers ages 15 to 20.
There are now nearly 1,000 KIDS alumni, and this summer the group will have performed for approximately 10 million audience members.
- Bryan Steil announces Congress run to replace Speaker Paul Ryan
- Wisconsin man held in northeast Minnesota shooting
- Police: Registered sex offender arrested on charges of trafficking a child
- Bryan Steil becomes GOP front-runner to win Paul Ryan's seat
- Madison hits 60 degrees for the first time in 138 days
- Police: Children find human bones while playing near Reedsburg cemetery