MADISON, Wis. - The WORT radio host John McDonald will be holding his show "I like it like that" for the 2,000th time Saturday.
Also known as "Rockin' John," McDonald has been hosting a rock 'n' roll WORT show for 43 years. The show consists of 1950s and 1960s rock music, with some contributions from the 1970s.
McDonald's show "I like it like that" first went on air in 1975, and has been playing ever since. According to a statement from the radio station, McDonald plays the music he grew up listening to. The radio host will play music in honor of music holidays, hold special shows and play the occasional modern tune with a similar feeling to classic rock favorites.
The radio host was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1945, and moved to Madison in 1957.
McDonald's show will be airing from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday on the station 89.9.
- Under a new proposal you could have more time to pay off a Madison parking ticket
- Consumer Reports: Tricks of trading in your vehicle
- 'It was a unanimous choice': The decision of hiring Corey Pompey as UW-Madison's new band director
- Should Wisconsin lottery winners be required to come forward?
- Chicago Heights man sentenced to more than 7 years prison for selling heroin in Madison, DOJ report
- Police K-9 stabbed numerous times returns to duty