MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker has declared Wednesday as Snowplow Driver Appreciation Day in Wisconsin.
The proclamation highlights the important role snowplow operators play in keeping people and commerce moving throughout the winter, officials said.
"At the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, we have a nationally-unique and highly-valued partnership with county highway departments across the state who do an outstanding job keeping state roadways clear of snow and ice," WisDOT Secretary Mark Gottlieb said in the release. "County and municipal plow operators work long hours under difficult conditions. As drivers, we need to do our part by giving them room to work and staying off roads when severe winter weather makes travel treacherous."
- Officials ID man with potentially explosive chemicals in apartment
- Investigators release 2nd surveillance video in car fires investigation
- Prosecutors charge health company in Milwaukee jail death
- Man approaches 2 elementary school children, asks them to get in car
- Snapchat image sent to Waterloo students says 'wonder if I score more than 17'
- MPD: 2 arrested after outside fight on Packers Avenue