The movie "Martian" is based on a novel where an astronaut was mistakenly presumed dead and left behind on a mission to Mars. He fights to survive by growing plants on the red planet, which is a concept UW botanist Simon Gilroy says is based on real science.
- Roads near Foxconn site made into highways to access funding
- Getting back on track after the holiday spending season
- Police: Woman believes her drink was drugged after online date
- Wisconsin program hopes to spark interest in hunting
- Summit for black boys and young men teaches ways to succeed
- Madison Nordic Ski Club to host early season race and open ski event