MADISON, Wis. - A 33-year-old was cited early Thursday after he fell asleep at the wheel and struck a pole, police said.
Madison police said the Madison man told officers he fell asleep at about 1:22 a.m. and his truck left the road, striking a utility pole.
The truck overturned in the road and the utility pole snapped off, according to the report.
MGE responded to repair the pole.
The parking lane for southbound Monroe Street in that area was blocked for several hours, police said. No injuries were reported.
The driver was cited on suspicion of inattentive driving.
- Police: Woman shot in DeForest, man in custody Friday night
- MSO concert reflects the gravity of the day
- Volunteers pack 120K meals to feed starving children
- Madison police rarely issue tickets for loud dogs
- Driver arrested after eluding officers, driving 100 mph, officials say
- Madison-made technology to treat diabetic foot ulcers