LOMIRA, Wis. - A 3-year-old boy suffered severe injuries after being run over by a lawn mower Tuesday afternoon, according to a release from the Dodge County Sheriff's Department.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a lawn mower accident involving a 3-year-old around 2 p.m. in the town of Lomira, officials said.
An initial investigation indicated the child ran toward the riding lawn mower, the operator didn't notice the child, and as the operator started backing up the child was hit, according to the release.
The 3-year-old was transported to the hospital via Flight for Life, deputies said. His condition is unknown.
"The accident is not suspicious in nature, and our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the young child and family," Dodge County Sheriff Patricia Ninmann said in the release.
- Madison alder hopes to put Dr. King's message into action with new resolution
- La Crosse-based company to provide 2018 Super Bowl hot dogs
- Union says former Dane County deputy to be charged with stealing funds
- Madison grant program aims to up community engagement, improve neighborhoods
- Last day for Christmas tree pickup pushed back to Wednesday
- Tax preparer urges people to prepare for tax season, see how the new tax plan will affect you