WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - A local music promoter is doing something good for local farmers.
Michael Alexander is the entertainment director at the Crystal Grand Music Theatre in Wisconsin Dells. He grew up in Barneveld and knows first-hand the struggles farmers are going through right now.
Alexander says he grew up around farming families, and the family farm of one of his friends recently had to sell all of its cows. It's something he's seeing happen more frequently in southwest Wisconsin.
"Essentially, farming is the lifeblood of this country, and in our opinion, it's a way of life that's slowly disappearing," said Alexander.
He decided he wanted to do something special for farmers to help take their minds off hard times, even if it's just for a few hours, so the Crystal Grand is giving away free tickets for farmers through special promo codes.
They've already given away a thousand tickets to upcoming concerts at the Crystal Grand for country acts Joe Nichols and Justin Moore, and starting Friday, another set of tickets will be given away for upcoming shows with Vince Neil of Motley Crue fame and the band America.
"(Farming) is very thankless and backbreaking, and if we can give them a night out, it isn't necessarily going to help longterm, but sometimes just a night out can help a lot," said Alexander.
Tickets can be ordered online at the Crystal Grand's website and using the code "FREE4FARM."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Stoughton Area School District celebrates $150K gift from local company for stadium upgrades
- Madison police searching for thieves involved in stealing credit cards from area health clubs
- Judge rules against Madison Rastafarian church founders in eviction case
- Madison School Board releases times, locations of community input sessions for superintendent search
- Middleton hopes residents will weigh in on search for next police chief
- Customer starts 'pay it forward' movement at Madison coffee shop in honor of late friend's birthday