MIDDLETON, Wis. - The controversial topic of teen "sexting" is taking center stage at Middleton High School. The Middleton High School Theater is preforming "Girls Like That" for its winter production.
The play centers on a nude photograph of a high school student going viral. It explores themes of female relationships, bullying and social media.
“These issues are real. These are things that are happening in many girls and teens in generals lives,” said Nadia Langly, a junior who is acting in the play.
The show premieres this Thursday and runs through Saturday but those involved hope the audience will talk about it far after the curtains close.
“We are hoping that parents come with their students so they can talk about some of these things, because our students are dealing with them and kids are ready to have the conversation,” said Kendra Dando, the director.
Tickets are $6 for students and $8 for adults. Check out Madison Magazine's Aaron R. Conklin's review of the play here.
- Boy aims to raise $15K for LCC Comfort Dogs
- Air quality safe for residents of buildings near Beaver Dam burn site, officials say
- Police: No foul play suspected in death of Sun Prairie principal
- 2 men fatally shot in Milwaukee
- Former Wisconsin attorney general dies at age 82
- Green Bay authorities ID body of man missing since December