MADISON, Wis. - During the fourth annual Wisconsin's Best Bloody Mary Fest on Saturday, Sept. 29, at Yahara Bay Distillers, bartenders from bars all over the region will come to make their best version of a bloody mary.
Each competitor will be given vodka, 100 Mile Sauce's blend of bloody mary mix—made with seven vegetables grown within 100 miles of Madison—ice cups and a table, a release said.
Competitors are responsible for bringing any special ingredients and garnishes. Each competitor will serve 700 4 oz. bloody marys.
First place will win $500 and both Judge's Choice and People's Choice will win a trophy. The second and third place winners will also receive prizes.
Organizers from 100 Mile Sauce Co. said this year's event will be larger than in previous years, with more bloodies and more beer. This year, there will be early check-in at The Lone Girl Brewing Company, Daly's Bar & Grill, Metcalfe's Market Hilldale and Yahara Bay Distillers to allow guests to skip the line day of.
In addition to all the drinks, Let's Eat Out program food carts will be selling food. Those carts are Fast-N-Fresh, Slide Food Cart, The Ugly Apple Cafe, Cafe Costa Rica, Jolly Frog, SoHo Gourmet Cuisines, Buzzy's Lake House Mobile Food Cart and Jakarta Cafe BBQ.
Earlybird tickets are available until Aug. 19. VIP passes allow guests to taste the bloody marys earlier than general admission. The VIP ticket holders also get unlimited bloodies and beer, access to two VIP lounge areas and official Bloody Mary Fest T-shirts.
- 'So blessed to be here': Middleton woman makes remarkable recovery after ATV crash
- Edgewood High School and surrounding neighbors at odds over stadium lights
- Brewers up 2-1 in NLCS after winning Game 3 at Dodger Stadium
- UW police respond to 'bogus' tip at Veterinary Medicine building
- Prairie Du Sac farmer dies after clothing gets stuck in auger, officials say
- Walker announces plans to fund schools, town roads; Evers proposes income tax cut