MILWAUKEE - President Donald Trump is calling on Congress to pass a new trade agreement with Canada and Mexico and send it to his desk immediately. He says, "We shouldn't be playing around."
Trump is lobbying for passage of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement at Derco Aerospace Inc., in Milwaukee. He is on his sixth visit to the state since taking office.
Trump worries that passage of the agreement could get less likely with time, saying, "it gets more and more political because we get closer and closer to the election."
Trump says passage of the bill implementing USMCA would show Congress is doing something other than "wasting time on the witch hunt."
Passage is anything but certain. House Democrats want to strengthen enforcement of the agreement's labor and environmental obligations.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Local 5K raises funds for fatal disease that has no current cure
Med Flight called for car crash involving tree in Black Earth
- Med Flight called for car crash involving tree in Black Earth
- Memorial Union Terrace celebrates LGBTQ Pride for first time
- Backers of rural dental care find something to smile about
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Way and Raymond Rd.
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Former homicide convict seeks $5.7 million in compensation