MADISON, Wis. - La Crosse police warned citizens Wednesday about a black bear sighting in the city.
The bear was seen by a citizen near County Highway B and Sablewood Road.
Police say black bears are attracted to various items around homes, including bird feeders, compost piles, grills, pet food, gardens and garbage.
Police say that residents should not approach or follow a bear if they do see one.
- Middleton company looks to change wheelchair industry
- ‘It was built to last, and it will:' Following explosion, owners to restore Old City Hall
- Man tries to hide golf clubs under his hoodie during retail theft attempt
- Hikers catch rattlesnake on camera at Devil's Lake State Park
- UPDATE: Missing Dane County inmate found and arrested
- UPDATE: Dane County inmate who went AWOL arrested by authorities