MILWAUKEE - Kenosha County authorities are considering terrorism charges against a juvenile accused of threatening to shoot up a grade school.
The Journal Sentinel reports the Salem Grade School was put on lock-down Thursday morning after someone discovered a threatening message written on a stall in a women's bathroom.
The lock-down was lifted later that day, after sheriff deputies checked the area and determined there was no threat.
The motive of the juvenile, who was released, is unknown.
The Kenosha District Attorney's Office is reviewing the case.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- ‘That doesn't happen every day': Lodi high school best friends become Marines
- Columbia Correctional Institution on lockdown after staff assault
- Artful Women exhibit empowers women, gives them a voice
- Wisconsin Dog Fair raises funds to help dogs in domestic abuse households
- Freewheel hosts last Build-A-Bike class of season
- Sun Prairie man arrested on suspicion of 10th OWI, police say