MADISON, Wis. - Officials have identified the man who was killed in a motorcycle crash near downtown Madison overnight.
The Madison Police Department said a motorcyclist died in the wreck on John Nolen Drive and Broom Street at about 1:45 a.m. Friday.
According to police, the crash involved a motorcycle and an SUV.
The Dane County medical examiner identified the motorcyclist Friday afternoon as 47-year-old Craig W. Schley, of Brooklyn, Wisconsin. Schley was pronounced dead at the scene. He died from injuries suffered in the crash.
John Nolen Drive was closed between Lakeside Drive and Broom Street for more than two hours while authorities were at the scene. John Nolen Drive reopened to traffic just before 4 a.m.
Police said the investigation was in its early stages and couldn't say if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Here's how you can win free beer for a year, root on Madison's professional soccer team
- Father of Sandy Hook victim suing local conspiracy theorist for emotional distress
- DNR report: Wisconsin air quality improving
- Eatstreet announces winning candidate for Curd Nerd position
- Three Badgers make AP Midseason All-America Team
- Watch it here: Mason Crosby takes first Lambeau Leap after game-winning kick