MADISON, Wis. - Officials have identified the man who was killed in a motorcycle crash near downtown Madison overnight.
The Madison Police Department said a motorcyclist died in the wreck on John Nolen Drive and Broom Street at about 1:45 a.m. Friday.
According to police, the crash involved a motorcycle and an SUV.
The Dane County medical examiner identified the motorcyclist Friday afternoon as 47-year-old Craig W. Schley, of Brooklyn, Wisconsin. Schley was pronounced dead at the scene. He died from injuries suffered in the crash.
John Nolen Drive was closed between Lakeside Drive and Broom Street for more than two hours while authorities were at the scene. John Nolen Drive reopened to traffic just before 4 a.m.
Police said the investigation was in its early stages and couldn't say if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Woman found alive after crashing car in Washington County, Silver Alert canceled
- Plane crashes near Fort Atkinson airport
- Woman cited following hit-and-run crash involving cyclist, police say
- Water service in Darlington cut off due to several main breaks
- Police investigating after suspicious package found outside Wisconsin synagogue
- UW-Madison reinstates Quintez Cephus as student, his lawyer thanks them for "doing the right thing"