BEAVER DAM, Wis. - Jerry's Automotive posted on its Facebook page Wednesday about the launch of the new Beaver Dam Spirit Pump.
Starting Sept. 1, Jerry's Automotive will donate 2 cents from every gallon pumped at the spirit pump to Beaver Dam schools.
Every month, according to the Facebook post, the proceeds will go to a different school within the district. September proceeds will be donated to the middle school.
Jerry Automotive manager Crystal Beich said, "Giving back to the community is huge for us. We wanted to come up with something not only important, but also something that was going to affect a majority of our community. I feel like everyone here knows someone enrolled in one of the Beaver Dam schools. We felt this was going to give back in the most efficient way."
The spirit pump can be found at 700 N. Spring St. in Beaver Dam.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police: Four arrested in connection with armed robbery in which attacker struck man with handgun
- Suspected heroin, pills found in car of driver killed in west Madison crash, police say
- Madison man arrested on suspicion of attempted armed robbery
- Credit card skimmers found at Richland Center gas stations, police say
- At least 1 dead in Fond du Lac house fire
- MFD: Unattended stove likely caused apartment fire; family asleep inside impacted unit