JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville Police have arrested a man wanted for retail theft, with the help of a K-9 officer and a drone.
Officers said Alexander Schneck was first on their radar after he was identified as the driver quickly fleeing from a Shopko on Humes Road on May 1, after stealing items from the store.
Saturday night, an officer found Shneck at the Kwik Trip on East Memorial Drive in Janesville.
Schneck reportedly ran out the back of the store to avoid arrest and a foot chase began.
K-9 Fred and a drone were used to find Schneck, who was hiding in a garage in the 700 block of Cornelia Street.
Schneck is now in the Rock County Jail, after being arrested on several charges including theft and burglary.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue
- Stoughton coffee festival recognizes city's history of women in workforce
- Sun Prairie police ramping up security at Sweet Corn Festival in response to fight