JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police have a minor in custody after a Vietnam War memorial was vandalized last week.
Janesville Parks Director Cullen Slapak said parks staff found a piece of the bronze Battlefield Cross broken off and lying next to the monument at Traxler Park on Monday morning.
Officers investigating the case tracked down the people involved and arrested a juvenile in connection with the case, according to a press release sent Sunday.
The juvenile is facing charges of intentionally causing damage to the statue.
- Dennis Prager speaks on UW campus
- Students host kickball tournament to raise funds for K-9 Riko's surgery
- Controlled burn leads to structure fire causing $30,000 in damage
- Michigan township to sell Marquette cross after complaints
- Pinwheels for Prevention highlights child abuse, neglect in Rock County
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death