MADISON, Wis. - A spokesperson for the Dane County Sheriff's department confirms to News 3 Now that the two deaths at last week's Ironman are unrelated.
Two men died following an Ironman 70.3 triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin, over the weekend, the Madison Fire Department said.
Todd Mahoney, 38, an apparatus engineer with the fire department, and Michael McCulloch, 61, of Cottage Grove, Wisconsin, both died during the swimming portion, which is 1.2 miles long.
Mahoney was found unresponsive in Lake Monona. He died Tuesday. McCulloch was rescued from the lake a pronounced dead at the hospital Sunday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Boys and Girls Club members learn engineering basics from U.S. Cellular experts
Habitat for Humanity proposes 48 new homes
- Habitat for Humanity proposes 48 new homes
- Crew who bored into Sherman Avenue water line hired by contractor from Sun Prairie explosion
- Lowell Elementary School staff asking Board of Education to not cut special education teachers
- Boys accused of beating goose to death in Sauk County, sheriff's office refers charges
- Police say multiple road rage incidents involving guns likely unrelated
- Boy, 5, dies after he was shot in Kenosha, left at hospital