MADISON, Wis. - A spokesperson for the Dane County Sheriff's department confirms to News 3 Now that the two deaths at last week's Ironman are unrelated.
Two men died following an Ironman 70.3 triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin, over the weekend, the Madison Fire Department said.
Todd Mahoney, 38, an apparatus engineer with the fire department, and Michael McCulloch, 61, of Cottage Grove, Wisconsin, both died during the swimming portion, which is 1.2 miles long.
Mahoney was found unresponsive in Lake Monona. He died Tuesday. McCulloch was rescued from the lake a pronounced dead at the hospital Sunday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Man given 40 years in prison for drug debt homicide
- Motorist killed in crossfire of gun fight in Milwaukee
- Madison police looking for burglar
- Local music promoter gives back to farmers with free concert tickets
- NAMI Dane County invites public to discuss mental health in the juvenile justice system
- Edgerton man sentenced to four years in prison for unlawful possession of firearms as felon