PORTAGE, Wis. - The Indiana truck driver accused of slamming into a school bus was found guilty on all counts Thursday.
Wayne Murphy, 43, was accused of injuring dozens of students after slamming into a packed school bus last year. He was found guilty on 30 counts, including 10 felonies.
An inspector testified on Wednesday that Murphy's truck was working properly at the time of the crash.
There will be a presentence investigation report within 60 days, with the sentencing taking place after that period. The bond was revoked.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Evers seeks federal disaster declaration for 18 counties
- E. coli found in Cassville water supply, boil order issued
- One haircut at a time: Former Badgers receiver partners with UW Health, barbershop to save lives
- A cause for celebration for some, concern for others: Community reacts to Cephus' return as Badger
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Dane County faces groundwater flooding one year after historic rainfall