TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A horse was killed in a car vs. horse crash Wednesday morning in the town of Spring Grove, Green County officials said.
Deputies responded around 6:45 a.m. to County Road G and Giese Road for reports of a car that hit a horse in the roadway, according to a release.
A 27-year-old Illinois man was driving north on County Road G when a horse entered the roadway and collided with the front of his vehicle, officials said. The driver was wearing his seat belt and was not injured in the crash.
The horse was killed in the crash, according to the release.
The driver was cited for expired registration, officials said. The owner of the horse was cited for public animal nuisance.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'Bags of Hope' brings holiday groceries to hundreds of Janesville families
- Social media recap: Walker's incorrect use of Venn diagram goes viral
- Dems rip Michigan Governor for gutting wage, benefit laws
- Wisconsin man charged in 4-year-old son's fatal shooting
- 'Approaching dangerous levels': 2 restaurants evacuated after gas leak in Monona
- 'Kitchen to Table' food program promises to assist food insecure of southern Wisconsin