HORICON, Wis. - The Horicon Police Department announced an "active police scene" about 10 a.m. Thursday, according to the department's Facebook page. Personnel from the Dodge County Sheriff's Office are also at the scene.
According to an email sent at 10:47 a.m. Thursday, the Sheriff's Office is looking in that area for an individual wanted on multiple warrants.
The Facebook post from the Horicon Police Department states the active police scene is on the east side of Horicon near the Royal Oaks Motel.
"At this time, there is no known danger to the greater community," HPD officials said in the post.
The Sheriff's Office said the law enforcement officers are ensuring the public's safety, according to the email.
Both agencies advised people to stay clear of the area. Horicon police asked in the Facebook post that any sighting of suspicious behavior be reported to the Sheriff's Office at 920-386-3726.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Evers seeks federal disaster declaration for 18 counties
- E. coli found in Cassville water supply, boil order issued
- One haircut at a time: Former Badgers receiver partners with UW Health, barbershop to save lives
- A cause for celebration for some, concern for others: Community reacts to Cephus' return as Badger
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Dane County faces groundwater flooding one year after historic rainfall