TOWN OF BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - All lanes on Highway 78 have reopened Thursday following a highway crash involving a motorcycle and van in Madison.
According to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office, units were dispatched at 1:56 p.m. after a report of a crash involving a delivery van and motorcycle near 3137 State Highway 78 in the Town of Blue Mounds.
An alert from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation said the crash was cleared four hours later.
Deputies said the motorcycle driver suffered life-threatening injuries while the passenger had serious injuries. Both of them were wearing helmets. The van driver was not injured.
A preliminary investigation disclosed that the motorcycle was going northbound as the van was going southbound. The van's driver attempted to make a left turn but failed to yield the right of way.
Charges may be pending, though officials said that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- E. coli found in Cassville water supply, boil order issued
- One haircut at a time: Former Badgers receiver partners with UW Health, barbershop to save lives
- A cause for celebration for some, concern for others: Community reacts to Cephus' return as Badger
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Dane County faces groundwater flooding one year after historic rainfall
- Willy Street Co-Op community initiative allows anyone to paint new art mural