TOWN OF BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - All lanes on Highway 78 have reopened Thursday following a highway crash involving a motorcycle and van in Madison.
According to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office, units were dispatched at 1:56 p.m. after a report of a crash involving a delivery van and motorcycle near 3137 State Highway 78 in the Town of Blue Mounds.
An alert from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation said the crash was cleared four hours later.
Deputies said the motorcycle driver suffered life-threatening injuries while the passenger had serious injuries. Both of them were wearing helmets. The van driver was not injured.
A preliminary investigation disclosed that the motorcycle was going northbound as the van was going southbound. The van's driver attempted to make a left turn but failed to yield the right of way.
Charges may be pending, though officials said that alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 2 officers injured by suspect who led a nearly 65-mile chase
- Emergency crews at scene after vehicle crashes into building in Marshall
- Man proposes with lit-up message at Holiday Fantasy in Lights
- Wisconsin co. won't reopen flood-damaged Nebraska jerky plant
- Middleton police chief to retire Friday after four decades of service
- Local theaters brace for blockbuster movie season with Star Wars, Jumanji & holiday classics