SHULLSBURG, Wis. - An Illinois man is in facing his sixth OWI charge following a high-speed chase Wednesday.
According to the Lafayette County sheriff, 51-year-old Clarence Campbell of Rockford, Illinois was allegedly driving erratically on Highway 78 near Warren Illinois around 2 p.m. when JoDaviess County sheriff's deputies attempted to pull him over.
Campbell refused to stop and led authorities on a high-speed chase toward Shullsburg, Wisconsin., about 20 minutes northwest of Warren.
Sheriff deputies reported that at times, Campbell was allegedly driving at speeds of up to 80 miles per hour along country roads.
Campbell eventually lost control of his car and flipped several times near the intersection of Aetna Road and Highway 11 in Shullsburg.
Campbell was able to get out of the car on his own, but was eventually transported to an area hospital for unknown injuries.
He faces multiple charges including his sixth OWI, driving without a license and running from officers.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Pride Parade marches on without police participation
- Motorcycle was speeding before crash on East Washington Ave., police say
- Police: 21-year-old man fatally shot in Milwaukee
- Torso, leg found in Mississippi River in southeast Minnesota
- GoFundMe page created in honor of Town of Madison officer
- Police: Fight involving 30 people reported on Madison's west side