PORTAGE, Wis. - One person was killed Saturday morning after a car crashed into two semitrucks in the town of Caledonia, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office.
Officers responded to a report of a crash at approximately 11:31 a.m., according to a news release. Police said a car had exited off of I-39 northbound and attempted to turn left onto Highway 33 when it struck a semitruck traveling east on the highway.
The passenger car and semitruck then entered the westbound lane of Highway 33, striking a westbound semitruck.
Authorities said each semitruck had a passenger in it, in addition to the driver. The driver of the passenger car was transported via Medflight to UW-Madison Hospital. The passenger of the car, 84-year-old Marlene A. Stangl, of Aurora, Illinois, died at the scene. The occupants of the semis were transported to Divine Savior Hospital for treatment.
- Local drug treatment center provides 'recovery coach'
- 'Leave it all out there on the table': Wisconsin's Chris Kroeze makes it to 'The Voice' finale
- How to avoid carjacking according to Madison police
- UW police pepper-spray man yelling, acting aggressively in campus parking ramp
- City of Madison preparing for early Wednesday snow
- Family displaced in Sun Prairie explosion happy to have permanent place to call home